Recapping the Thunder's Game 5 comeback victory
Game 5 ended so late Wednesday night, perhaps some of you weren't thinking clearly when the contest ended.
Exactly how, pray tell, did the Oklahoma City Thunder erase a nine-point deficit in the closing minutes to post a heart-thumping, series-clinching 100-97 victory over the Denver Nuggets inside a crazed Oklahoma City Arena?
Videoview all videos
Apr 28Jenni Carlson and Berry Tramel discuss how much of a star...
Apr 28Jenni Carlson and Berry Tramel discuss what kind of...
Photoview all 91 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Which play was most important?
A) Serge Ibaka's block of a Kenyon Martin layup that would have given the Nuggets an 11-point lead.
B) Ibaka's block of Nene's follow attempt on the same possession, which James Harden somehow saved from going out of bounds deep in the corner.
C) Kevin Durant's 3-pointer seven seconds later that pulled the Thunder to within 91-85 and started him on a breathtaking flurry of 5-for-6 shooting from the field.
D) Nene's missed dunk that would have rebuilt his team's lead to eight.
E) Harden's block of Arron Afflalo's fade-away 10-footer that Kendrick Perkins rebounded and eventually led to a Durant 13-footer to make the score 91-88.
F) Ty Lawson's two missed free throws. He was 19 for 19 in the series to that point.
G) Harden's 3-pointer deep in the left-hand corner that tied the score at 91 with 1:50 left, which came after Denver was unable to secure a rebound off Durant's last miss of the game.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 12287Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11384Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6956Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6508Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4900Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4357OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3734Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law