OSU names Sheryl Tucker dean of Graduate College
Oklahoma State University officials announced Thursday the appointment of Sheryl Tucker as dean of the OSU Graduate College. Tucker has served as the National Science Foundation's program director for the Graduate Research Fellowship Program.
STILLWATER — Sheryl Tucker will serve as the next dean of Oklahoma State University's Graduate College, OSU officials announced Thursday.
Tucker has been serving as program director for the National Science Foundation's Graduate Research Fellowship Program.
Her appointment at OSU is pending approval from the Board of Regents for the Oklahoma Agricultural and Mechanical Colleges, which governs OSU. Tucker also will have a tenured appointment as a chemistry professor. If approved for the new positions, she will start work Aug. 1. Her proposed annual salary is $165,000.
At the National Science Foundation, Tucker managed a $137 million budget. She served as associate dean of the University of Missouri's graduate school from 2007 until 2009, when she assumed her job at the National Science Foundation.
In 2005, she was honored with a Presidential Award for Excellence in Science, Mathematics and Engineering Mentoring.
OSU's Graduate College enrolled nearly 5,000 students during the 2010-11 school year. The college has more than 200 degree programs, options and certificates, according to information from OSU.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11867Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11199Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7813Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7743Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4737Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4255OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3606Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit