Q&A with Dirk Nowitzki
Do you consider the final five minutes of Game 4 the best playoff comeback you've seen with the Mavs?
“Yeah, it's got to be up there. I can't remember another comeback like that. But our defense was unbelievable down the stretch. Trix (Shawn Marion) and J-Kidd (Jason Kidd) did a wonderful job on (Russell) Westbrook and (Kevin) Durant, making catches tough. Really what was killing us all night was offensive rebounds. They (the Thunder) got a lot of tip-ins, tip-outs for shots, and finally there in the last five minutes I can recall one offensive rebound they had.”
Videoview all videos
May 24Kevin Durant and his teammates are trying to stay...
May 24Jenni and Berry discuss whether the Western Conference...
Photoview all 67 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Was this a case of a young team collapsing, and did you feel like you were in command in overtime, because of the momentum?
“Well, once we got to OT, we had to feel good about ourselves, and we obviously talked about it in timeouts, that we've got to go for it now. ‘This is our ballgame, we've got to go for it.' I don't know, we're just a veteran team trying to play off each other ... we just ran down, we free flowed. I don't remember actually calling a play the last couple of minutes.”
Do you feel like this comeback symbolizes the resiliency and spirit of this team?
“Yeah. Like I mentioned earlier, it's just a bunch of veterans with a lot of unique stories. A lot of guys have been through a lot in this league and have been around forever. So it's a bunch of experienced guys that ultimately have one goal and came together and fought through some stuff, and we all understand that in an 82-game season, there are a lot of ups and downs, and you've got to fight through some stuff. Ultimately, you've got to keep your eyes on the prize and keep going, fight through some stuff, and that's what we did.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 37007Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32519Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 27986Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 8311Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6200OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3643College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3643Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?