Eleventh person dies from May 24 tornadoes
Ron Martin, of Carmen, died Thursday in an Oklahoma City hospital from injuries suffered in a May 24 tornado, the state medical examiner's office said.
The tornadoes that ripped through central Oklahoma last month have claimed an 11th victim, said Cherokee Ballard, spokeswoman for the Oklahoma State Medical Examiner's office.
Ballard said Ron Martin, of Carmen, died Thursday at an Oklahoma City hospital from injuries suffered in the tornado. Ballard said he was injured near Fairview during the May 24 storms.
The tornadoes had been responsible for 10 deaths and destroyed 493 homes and businesses, damaged 370 more and affected another 284 in seven central Oklahoma counties.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims