Heritage Hall's Barry J. Sanders in no hurry to announce commitment
Heritage Hall running back Barry J. Sanders was at Florida State earlier this week for a camp, but he said that it is not an indicator that he is closer to committing.
Videoview all videos
Jun 24Heritage Hall's Barry J. Sanders talks about his health...
Photoview all photos
Sanders, who has said in the past he wants to wait before committing, stood by that stance Thursday.
“I'm not going to rush into any thing,” Sanders said. “Right now I'm just taking a couple of visits before I narrow it down.”
Sanders said he plans on naming a top five when the school year begins and those five schools will be where he makes his official visits.
Sanders named Oklahoma State, Alabama, Florida State and UCLA as his four favorites last year.
Though Sanders was at FSU for the second time, he didn't work out. He said he is not 100 percent recovered from foot surgery in the winter.
“I'm close. Definitely. I would say in the 90s (percent), but I'm not there, and I don't want to risk anything,” Sanders said.
Sanders, a four-star prospect, has offers from 15 schools, including Stanford, Auburn and Notre Dame, to go with his top four schools and other universities.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11434Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11103Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9903Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8455Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4574Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4269Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4107OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M