Super 30: Millwood linebacker Marc Robinson ready to get back on the field
Marc Robinson had to sit out last season after transferring from Heritage Hall to Millwood, so the closest he got to any varsity action was as a scout-team linebacker opposite the Falcons' group of stars, like Josh Turner, Kevonte Richardson, Brandon Swindall and others.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Oklahoman Super 30 No. 29 Marc Robinson School: Millwood Height: 5-11 Weight: 220 Position: Linebacker Offers: None yet, but interest from TCU, Nebraska, Colorado State and several Big 12 schools.
But sometimes, even that didn't work out.
“There would be days when we'd have to say, ‘Marc, go sit down,' because we couldn't do anything. We couldn't block him,” Millwood offensive coordinator Kevin Cox said. “He was knocking the heck out of Kevonte and those guys, so we'd just have to take him out.”
Robinson averaged double-digit tackles per game over his freshman and sophomore seasons at Heritage Hall, and among the Chargers' star-studded 2012 class, he was one of the first to emerge.
But the 5-foot-11, 220-pound linebacker slipped out of the recruiting forefront while sitting out last season, so he's working even harder now to get back.
“I wouldn't want it any other way, because now I'm being pushed,” said Robinson, who is No. 29 on The Oklahoman's Super 30 list of recruits for the 2012 class. “Now I'm pushing myself every day to get better.
“I feel like there's a ton for me to prove. I'm working out every day, running every day. I'm just ready for the season to get here.”
The season will be the key to Robinson's recruiting. He recently visited TCU, and he's had interest from programs like Colorado State, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Louisiana Tech and most of the Big 12 Conference.
But all of them want to see game tape, and the most recent clips Robinson has are from two years ago.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 57337Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14801Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9259Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7518Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6644Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6577Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6568How to help tornado victims