Man hiding beneath tarp bitten by Oklahoma City police dog
Oklahoma City police used a dog to help arrest a man who may have pulled a gun on people at an apartment complex.
Two men were arrested Wednesday by Oklahoma City police after a pursuit that left one man injured by bites from a police dog.
Emanuel Moore, 30, and Kendrick Turner, 19, were arrested on complaints of attempting to elude a police officer.
Turner was also booked on a marijuana possession complaint.
Capt. Patrick Stewart said police were told a man pointed a gun at a resident of an apartment complex at 7533 NW 6 about 10:55 a.m. Wednesday.
Stewart said two men left the scene in a car, and police tried to pull them over. After the car traveled about a block, one man bailed out of the car on foot, Stewart said.
A short time later the second man bailed out of the car and was taken into custody.
A man Stewart identified as Moore attempted to hide beneath a tarp at a nearby business.
When he refused to come out, police sent in the K-9 unit dog, which bit the man several times.
Moore was taken to a hospital for treatment of his wounds, Stewart said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14891OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9440Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6703Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6232Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6155Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6060Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4124As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in