Sen. Tom Coburn to unveil plan to slash federal spending by at least $9 trillion
Sen. Tom Coburn's plan would affect nearly all facets of government spending and close tax loopholes.
WASHINGTON — Sen. Tom Coburn plans to unveil a $9 trillion deficit-reduction plan Monday that would cut most government programs, reshape entitlements, sell off federal property and close some tax loopholes.
Videoview all videos
Jul 18Sen. Tom Coburn unveils a plan in Washington to save $9...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Coburn's 10-year plan would achieve most of its savings from cuts — including to the defense budget — and structural changes to Social Security and Medicare, like raising the eligibility age...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in