Q&A: Washington junior QB Trent Rivera
Trent Rivera enters 2011 as Washington's new starting quarterback, and with that role comes a lot of pressure. The Warriors have been to the playoffs 20 years in a row.
NewsOK Related Articles
But Rivera has six offensive starters back to help him through his first season as the team's signal caller.
How are practices going so far?
“It's going really good. We've had a few bumps and everything, but I think we'll be good.”
How are you adjusting to your new leadership role?
“I think I'm adjusting OK. It's a little hard. It's a big responsibility to jump into a leadership role like this.”
Is it harder to adjust knowing Washington football's history?
“We've been to the state playoffs 20 years in a row, so it does make you a little afraid that you're going to be the one that doesn't take it to the 21st.”
Does that motivate you, scare you or both?
“It's a little bit of both. I like the motivation because it gets me pumped, and I know my team has my back, and I have their back all the way.”
What kind of quarterback are you?
“I like to pass, but if it comes to running, I'll do it. Whatever coach says.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 96583Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17286OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13078Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8797Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8670Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8388How to help tornado victims
- 7627Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort