Brandon Weeden and Justin Blackmon already have teamed for 21 touchdown passes, with another hopefully-memorable season to go. Here are the top five dynamic duos, regardless of position, in OSU history:
5. James “Duck” White & Phillip Dokes, 1974-75: Cornerstone defensive tackles in an era when the Cowboys played great defense.
4. Mike Gundy & Hart Lee Dykes, 1986-88: Barry Sanders made everyone forget how good this combination was, but they teamed on 28 touchdown passes.
3. Barry Sanders & Thurman Thomas, 1987: Thomas was an all-American tailback in ‘87, Sanders an all-American kick returner. Epic NFL players throughout the ‘90s, they don't rank higher here only because Sanders' ascent to mythic status didn't occur until after Thomas was gone.
2. Josh Fields & Rashaun Woods, 2001-03: From the Bedlam '01 game-winner to the Bedlam blowout of '02 to the seven TD catches vs. SMU in '03, this tandem made history – 34 touchdown connections.
1. Mark Moore & Leslie O'Neal, 1984-85: Believe it or not, OSU once was known for defense. Moore was a two-time all-American safety, 1985 and 1986, who was known for big hits, while O'Neal was a pass-rushing demon in his all-American years of '84 and '85.