Food Dude recipe: Bulgogi Kebabs wrap up grilling and tailgating
Food Dude recipe: Korean barbecue classic is a perfect fit for pregame eats as Bulgogi Kebabs.
Fusing Korean barbecue flavor with the Middle Eastern technique of skewering meats, I came up with this tailgate-friendly version of the Korean
Typically, Bulgogi is served as a mass of succulent beef with plenty of kimchee, steamed rice and sesame leaves. For the tailgate environment, I thought small skewers or even toothpicks would help keep the grill organized and easier to eat on the go.
Drop the finished product on a leaf of butter lettuce to make it an instant lettuce wrap and a squirt of Sriracha for heat.
6 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons Agave nectar or honey
3 tablespoons mirin
3 tablespoons sesame oil
6 tablespoons minced green onion, white and green parts
2 cloves garlic, smashed into paste with 2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoons fresh ground pepper
2 tablespoons sesame seed toasted and ground
2 tablespoons salt
Extra sesame seeds for garnish
1 head butter lettuce
• Combine the remaining ingredients and the beef in a large resealable bag or receptacle. Shake thoroughly and marinate at least four hours, preferably overnight.
• Light a grill to medium high heat, leaving an area for warming.
• Cook beef for 1 minute on each side, then move to a heatproof container over the area reserved for warming.
• Sprinkle with extra sesame seeds and serve on butter lettuce. Invite guests to use the leaf to pull the beef from the skewer and eat as a wrap.
Source: Dave Cathey.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11312Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5665Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5178Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4351Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4349OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4135How to help tornado victims