OU notebook: Ryan Broyles in the right place at the right time
Ryan Broyles caught three touchdown passes in Saturday's 38-28 win over Missouri. The second one, a 4-yard strike wasn't executed as planned.
Videoview all videos
Sep 25Landry Jones breaks the record for 300-yard passing...
Sep 25Travis Haney and Jenni Carlson talk about why OU...
Photoview all 74 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Jaz Reynolds and Broyles were in the same area of the end zone. Reynolds dived, but the ball sailed past him to Broyles.
“It wasn't supposed to (be me),” Broyles said. “It was going to the out route. It was actually a little farther, and I happened to be there. Don't tell anyone, though.”
The Sooners compiled 592 total yards. Quarterback Landry Jones passed for 448 yards. Ryan Broyles caught 13 passes for 154 yards and three touchdowns.
Players and coaches said the offense still struggled to find its rhythm.
“It wasn't the best ballgame. The numbers may have looked better than we played,” said offensive coordinator Josh Heupel. “It was a positive outcome. But there was a lot that we left out on the field. As much as anything, we want to press our guys to compete harder during the course of the week.”
BY THE NUMBERS
The combined 1,125 total yards was the most ever in the 96-game OU-Missouri series. ... OU's 11-point deficit was the most the Sooners have overcome since they came back from a 24-10 deficit against Texas Tech five years ago. ... The Sooners have compiled 47 games of 500 yards or more under coach Bob Stoops to break the record (46) under Barry Switzer.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 22069Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17657Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12691Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10660Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10002Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9693Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8348OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures