OSU's Burns Hargis to take over as chairman of Big 12 board of directors
STILLWATER — Oklahoma State president Burns Hargis will take over as chairman of the Big 12 board of directors after Missouri Chancellor Brady Deaton stepped down from that post following a meeting with the school's Board of Curators on Tuesday, Big 12 associate commissioner for communications Bob Burda confirmed on Tuesday.
Videoview all videos
Oct 4NewsOK.com and Byford Buick GMC are taking a look at the...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Deaton told reporters that he would relinquish his position as chairman to “avoid any perceived or actual conflict of interest” after the MU Board of Curators gave Deaton “the authority to take any and all actions necessary to fully explore options for conference affiliation and contracts related thereto which best serve the interests of the University of Missouri-Columbia and the University of Missouri system” following the four-hour, closed-door session.
Hargis is also a member of the Big 12 expansion committee that formed when Texas A&M announced it planned to leave the Big 12 last month.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18759Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10409Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9339Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7780Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6796UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6582Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister