Q&A with Big 12's Chuck Neinas: ‘We don't give anyone a deadline'
DALLAS — Interim Big 12 commissioner Chuck Neinas spoke with the media during halftime of Saturday's OU-Texas game.
Videoview all videos
Oct 11Jenni Carlson and Travis Haney talk about Landry Jones...
Oct 10Jenni Carlson and Travis Haney talk about how strong OU's...
Oct 8Berry Tramel and Travis Haney explain how the Sooners...
Photoview all 127 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Is there a consensus on whether league members want 10 or 12 teams?
There is no consensus. When we had an athletic director's meeting there were a couple (of schools) who wanted to stay at nine. There's not even a plurality (most votes but not a majority). Someone said it's 10 or 12 but our first mission is to get a new institution, which is TCU. The second is to maintain Missouri. When that is resolved we can look ahead.
Is there a deadline for Missouri?
We don't give anyone a deadline. At the end of the academic year, maybe. Everybody has to go through a process. Each institution might have a different process they have to follow. In some instances, the board has already given authority to the chief executive officer. But that hasn't happened in all cases. Some have to wait for a normal (monthly) board meeting.
Has Missouri given you a timetable when it will reach a decision?
No, they haven't.
Could Missouri's decision come this week?
No, I wouldn't expect it within a week.
What has been Fox Sports' executive reaction considering they signed a 15-year deal with the Big 12 that kicks in next season?
Fox has been very cooperative. They're willing to work with us, no question.
Does Fox want to renegotiate?
No, no, I'm just saying they understand what the situation is. We'll work through it.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 83911Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 66115Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33602Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 20416Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 18059Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 13064Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 9549Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say