Okahoma State's passing attack, uniforms get high marks
OSU REPORT CARD — Plenty of positives to go around in a 70-28 blowout, but the Cowboys could have done a little better coming out of the lockerroom
Saturday was a historic day for the Cowboys, and their grades from the 70-28 beatdown of the Jayhawks reflect it. High marks to the offense and the defense. Heck, even the uniform combination was spot on.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 62 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
PASSING ATTACK: A
It didn't matter whether it was Brandon Weeden and the first teamers or Clint Chelf and the backups. The Cowboy passing attack was sharp all day long. Weeden was 24 of 28 for 288 yards and five touchdowns while Chelf was 14 of 21 for 206 yards and two touchdowns. A combined 77.6 percent completion rate? Yowza.
RUNNING GAME: C
Kansas gave up more than 600 yards rushing earlier this season against Georgia Tech, so it seemed like a big ground day was in the offing for OSU. But the Cowboys managed only 106 yards on 27 carries. Even though they did their damage through the air, they didn't get much production from Joseph Randle (seven carries, 23 yards), Jeremy Smith (three for 39) or Hershel Sims (seven for 22). Just an average day for the Cowboy run game.
Black helmets. Black jerseys. Orange pants. The Cowboys' best look of the season. While the black jerseys and black pants against Arizona looked sharp, the black helmets moved Saturday's combo to the top of the heap. We hadn't seen the flat-black helmets yet this season. Sharp look.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister