Love's to add CNG at 10 Oklahoma locations
Love's Travel Stops is adding compressed natural gas fueling stations at 10 Oklahoma locations in a partnership with gas producer Chesapeake Energy Corp.
Love's Travel Stops and Country Stores is teaming with Chesapeake Energy Corp. to add compressed natural gas fueling stations at 10 of its existing locations in Oklahoma.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
At a glance
Where is CNG available?
There are 42 public fueling stations in Oklahoma for compressed natural gas vehicles, with one more in the works in El Reno, according to Central Oklahoma Clean Cities. For a complete listing, visit www.okcleancities.org/alt-fuel-directories/cng
To see a video about Love's teaming up with Chesapeake Energy to add CNG fueling stations at 10 Oklahoma locations, scan the QR code at left or go online to News
The companies told The Oklahoman construction will begin in December to add CNG to Love's offerings at Interstate 35 and NW 122 in Oklahoma City and nine other state locations.
“We are seeing commercial and consumer interest in CNG continuing to rise,” spokeswoman Jenny Love Meyer said. “At Love's, we want to be sure we meet the needs of our diverse customer base by offering a variety of fueling options, which now includes CNG at a growing number of our locations in Oklahoma.”
Love's began selling CNG at its Kingfisher location in February.
Meyer said the new locations will give Love's a CNG footprint on interstates and in some smaller communities, helping officials gauge the demand for more fueling stations.
The family-owned Oklahoma City company's latest additions will push the number of public CNG fueling stations in Oklahoma to more than 50.
Chesapeake, an investment and strategic development partner in the Love's project, has been a vocal advocate of CNG as an alternative fuel. The company is converting its 4,500-vehicle fleet to run on CNG.
“Love's is a tremendous partner with us,” said Taylor Shinn, Chesapeake's senior director of corporate development. “They are a category leader in the commercial and leisure travel stop and convenience store industry with a growing national presence.”
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 24523Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15852Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10645Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9696Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9156Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8753Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8578Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena