Anadarko rips Tuttle behind Sheldon Wilson's four TDs
ANADARKO — Senior running back Sheldon Wilson rushed for 199 yards and four touchdown on 21 carries Friday night to lead Anadarko past Tuttle 49-0 in a Class 3A district football game.
NewsOK Related Articles
Anadarko handed tradition-rich Tuttle it's worst loss since 1993, when Kingfisher beat the Tigers 50-0. Wilson had a huge part in Friday night's rout — just like he has in other games this season. Wilson entered Friday night's game as the state's leading rusher with more than 1,600 yards.
“We knew what he had to do when we came out here,” Wilson said. “We got a good team going into the playoffs. I think it's going to be good.”
On Senior Night at Warrior Field, Wilson and his teammates racked up 408 yards offense. Tuttle managed just 30 yards and committed four turnovers, all interceptions.
“(Anadarko) fired on all cylinders,” Tuttle coach Phillip Koons said after his club fell to 6-2 overall and 3-2 in district. “We've had the shoe on the other foot before, and now it's reversed.”
Wilson opened the scoring with a 59-yard touchdown run in the first quarter. But five penalties for minus-45 yards in the first quarter stalled Anadarko's offense for the most part.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10801Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10490Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10422Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9824Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6498Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4191Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4093Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes