Alliance Resource Partners moves ahead of partner
For once, Tulsa-based Alliance Resource Partners LP managed to finish ahead of the company that owns all of its assets.
TULSA — For once, Alliance Resource Partners LP managed to finish ahead of the company that owns all of its assets.
Alliance ranked No. 5 on this year's Oklahoma Inc. list of the top public companies in the state, one slot ahead of general partner Alliance Holdings GP LP on the strength of an 81.3 percent increase in total returns.
Both companies are fixtures on the list, finishing among the top seven companies each of the past three years.
“ARLP and AHGP are honored to again be recognized for our financial performance as one of Oklahoma Inc.'s top 10 publicly traded companies,” CEO Joseph W. Craft III said.
Craft said ARLP and AHGP are master limited partnerships that offer investors two ways to pay for a stake in the performance of Alliance Coal LLC, the fourth largest producer and marketer of coal in the eastern United States.
ARLP often is the choice of investors seeking immediate dividends.
“Over the past year, Alliance successfully increased production and sales volumes predominantly through the expansion of our River View mine in the Illinois Basin,” he said.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 88863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16945OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12611Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12094Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9737Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9076Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8890Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation