Philippe Cornet scores twice, but Barons lose at Milwaukee
MILWAUKEE — Philippe Cornet scored a team-best ninth and 10th goals Sunday afternoon, but they were not enough as the Oklahoma City Barons lost 3-2 to Milwaukee in an American Hockey League game.
Cornet gave the Barons a 1-0 lead just 30 seconds into the game. But Milwaukee answered with three consecutive goals against the Barons' No. 2 goaltender, David LeNeveu. Mark Van Guilder, Juuso Puustinen and Kyle Wilson scored 5:14 part in the first period. The teams were scoreless in the second period, then Cornet made it a one-goal game with 4:38 left in the third.
Alex Plante assisted on both of Cornet's goals.
Oklahoma City (10-4-0-1) has lost two straight games in regulation for the first time this season. The loss, coupled with Houston's 4-2 win Sunday over Charlotte, made it a three-way tie for first place in the Western Conference's West Division. The Barons, Houston and Abbotsford all have 21 standings points.
The Barons play in Rockford at 7:05 p.m. Wednesday. Oklahoma City returns to the Cox Center at 7 p.m. Friday to begin a two-game set with Abbotsford.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14352Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12637Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11750OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10003Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8992Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7499Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 7296Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated