Q&A: Baylor coach Art Briles ‘very humbled, appreciated, grateful'
Baylor coach Art Briles shared his thoughts on Saturday's game.
What are your thoughts about this game tonight?
“Very humbled, appreciated, grateful. To go out and see our guys play with such an attitude, such effort, that's kind of what it's all about. The score, the victory, who you beat, who you don't beat, that all takes care of itself. You get guys to perform at a level that gives them an opportunity to excel athletically and mentally, that's what makes it worthwhile as a coach. That's what I'm most proud of tonight.”
Videoview all videos
Nov 20Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III threw for four...
Nov 20Jenni Carlson and Travis Haney explore what went wrong in...
Photoview all 51 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
What about Phil Bennett's defense and the scheme they had?
“Those guys did a great job. Coach Bennett had a great plan. This isn't his first rodeo. He's been around awhile. We felt good about playing both sides of the ball Sunday when we got to start watching them, got to start working on them. Defensively, we felt like at times we could get pressure on Landry (Jones) and hopefully make some plays. And the guys played well.”
Are you ever amazed by what your quarterback, Robert Griffin, does?
“Another day at the office for Robert. He's been doing that for three or four years. If the ball is in his hand, he's going to make good things happen because he's very intelligent, very passionate, very gifted.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims