Black Friday: It's one of the busiest shopping days, and this year, stores are opening earlier than ever.
Some retailers such as Toys R Us and Walmart will start their Black Friday deals on Thanksgiving, with Toys R Us opening its doors at 9 p.m. (an hour earlier than last year) and Walmart starting its first round of sales at 10 p.m.
Many others are choosing to open at midnight, including Target, Best Buy and Kohl's.
The new Outlet
Other area shopping malls are sticking with a predawn opening but will have some stores welcoming shoppers at midnight. Retailers say it's a trend consumers want.
“Many holiday shoppers would rather stay up all night to take advantage of retailers' Black Friday deals than set their alarm to wake up the next morning,” said Matthew Shay, president and chief executive of the National Retail Federation, which predicts up to 152 million people nationwide will shop this weekend, up from 138 million in 2010.
If you go
Black Friday hours
• The Outlet Shoppes at Oklahoma City: Midnight to 10 p.m.
• Penn Square Mall: 4 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• Quail Springs Mall: 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• Crossroads Mall: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Sooner Mall: 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• Best Buy: Midnight to 10 p.m.
• Kohl's: Midnight to midnight.
• Old Navy: Midnight to 11 p.m.
• Macy's: Midnight to 10 p.m.
• Toys R Us: 9 p.m. Thursday to 10 p.m. Friday.
• Target: Midnight to 11 p.m.
• Walmart: Sales at 10 p.m. Thursday, midnight and 8 a.m.