Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads: You can't start slow against a team like Oklahoma
Here's a look at what players and coaches were saying after Oklahoma's 26-6 win over Iowa State:
* Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads on fumbles on the first two possessions: “We worked on it hard last week. … We can't allow that. You can't start slow against a football team like this and expect to establish some type of momentum.”
Videoview all videos
Nov 26On a cold and blustery Senior Day in Norman, Oklahoma...
Nov 26Travis Haney and Berry Tramel talk about the Sooners...
Photoview all 59 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
* OU coach Bob Stoops on Landry Jones' performance, despite the wind: “You really had to drive the ball. On some of the intermediate stuff, I thought Landry was really special. We had some of our better drives in the second quarter when we were into the wind. Hopefully, on a decent day, we can find some more big plays.”
* Iowa State offensive lineman Tom Farniok on the number of false start penalties against the Cyclones: “They had something that sounded a lot like our snap count, so I don't know what that was about. … That background noise, you'd hear it every now and then. That could make me flinch a little bit or something.”
* OU defensive end Frank Alexander: “Iowa State, they're a good team, too. They just went down and proved to Oklahoma State that they're good. I'm not taking away from them. We just had a better game this week.”
* Iowa State defensive end Patrick Neal on Jones and OSU's Brandon Weeden: “They're two elite quarterbacks. This league has a lot of great quarterbacks. I couldn't really tell a difference between them; they're both great quarterbacks.”