Food Dude recipe: Eggnog Cookies With Eggnog Icing for Santa
Food Dude recipe: Nichole Moisant shares family secrets for top holiday cookies: Soft and Chewy Gingerbread Cookies with Eggnog Icing and Eggnog Cookies With Eggnog Icing for Santa.
There are two keys to great Christmas cookies.
1) Always use FRESH nutmeg when possible. All my grandmas, grandmothers and grandmamas have preached the importance of nutmeg since I can remember. And you know what? It is true.
Videoview all videos
Dec 19There are cookies for those who finish all their supper,...
Photoview all 6 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Most grocery stores sell whole nutmegs, and you can use a grater or coffee grinder to get ground nutmeg.
2) Always cool the dough before putting it in the oven. I always get fluffier cookies when the dough has chilled at least 4 hours.
In a hurry? Shape the dough on the cookie sheet and throw it in the freezer while the oven warms up and you clean up the kitchen.
One of my family's favorite indulgences is eggnog. The only problem is after two glasses you are overwhelmed by the richness, but you still have ¾ of the carton left. These cookies help use the eggnog in a less rich but equally delicious way.
EGGNOG COOKIES WITH EGGNOG ICING
For the Icing
1 tablespoon eggnog
For the cookies
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 62337Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 33106Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 31955Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 14420Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8241Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6093Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4001Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman