Fiesta Bowl: The Oklahoman's writers pick the game
Here's a look at how The Oklahoman's college football coverage crew picked Monday's Fiesta Bowl between Oklahoma State and Stanford:
* Oklahoma State 35, Stanford 33: Can Cowboys slow Stanford run game? Can Cardinal counter OSU's athletic edge?
* Oklahoma State 34, Stanford 28: The Stanford defense likes man coverage. Trouble for the Cardinal is Justin Blackmon likes it, too. Some teams have tried to defend the Cowboy receiver one-on-one — and failed. Look for a big game in Blackmon's OSU finale.
* Oklahoma State 38, Stanford 35: This will be the shootout everyone expected, with Andrew Luck and Brandon Weeden dominating through the air. But the Cowboy defense will create a crucial turnover, as always, and Quinn Sharp will win this game with a big play on special teams.
* Oklahoma State 42, Stanford 38: How else to project this game but as a shootout? Weeden and Blackmon and Co. against a Cardinal defense previously exposed by speed and skill. A bruising run game also armed with the accurate arm of Andrew Luck. Advantage offense -- both offenses.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims