OKC Thunder voice Matt Pinto to be instructor at online youth sportscasting school
Oklahoma City Thunder radio play-by-play announcer Matt Pinto will be an instructor for the new Youth Sports Network Sports Broadcasting Academy, which serves high school students and recent graduates.
Videoview all videos
Jan 12Jenni Carlson and Berry Tramel discuss a variety of...
Photoview all 31 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Pinto, who also has served as voice of the Charlotte Hornets, Denver Mavericks and Los Angeles Clippers in his 22-year NBA broadcasting career, will teach a 13-week online class beginning Feb. 13.
Pinto said students will have an opportunity to shadow him and a top student will be selected as the Youth Sports Network state reporter.
“This is a great opportunity for teens who have a passion for sports broadcasting,” he said.
More information on the academy is available at www.ysnsports.com.
Patriots to be ‘incredibly high'
CBS analyst Phil Simms expects the New England Patriots will be highly motivated when they host the Denver Broncos at 7 p.m. Saturday after having lost their last two home playoff games.
“I am not going to undersell that fact at all,” said Simms, who is going to call the game with Jim Nantz. “Their emotional level has to be incredibly high because of the previous two years, and the fact that all anybody talks about is their bad defense. They don't even talk about Tom Brady. Then you have the Broncos and Tim Tebow, and we have some storm brewing.”
In the other CBS game, Baltimore hosts Houston at noon Sunday (Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf).
Fox's games are New Orleans at San Francisco, 3:30 p.m. Saturday (Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston and Tony Siragusa), and New York Giants at Green Bay, 3:30 p.m. Sunday (Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Pam Oliver and Chris Myers).
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 14038Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9697OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6648Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5284Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5183Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5164OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5129Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater