3 houses are evacuated due to cut gas line in northwest Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City firefighters responded to a cut low-pressure gas line in the 2000 block of NW 31 Terrace on Wednesday.
Oklahoma City firefighters evacuated three houses Wednesday due to a cut gas line in a residential area in northwest Oklahoma City.
Battalion Chief Brian Stanaland said one engine and a hazardous materials unit responded to 2025 NW 31 Terrace to monitor reports of a cut low-pressure gas line about 9:52 a.m. Wednesday. He said Oklahoma Natural Gas also went to the scene.
Stanaland said firefighters evacuated three adults, one child and two puppies. He said firefighters also tried to evacuate three other houses but no one was home.
He said the residents of the homes sat inside a vehicle with community service liaisons while crews investigated. It was determined the line was cut by a backhoe, and the scene was deemed safe about 11 a.m., Stanaland said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 33223Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15512Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9978Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9860Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9472Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8063Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8003Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister