Wear Red events to raise awareness of women's risk for heart disease
The Paseo Arts District and Oklahoma Heart Hospital are working together Feb. 3 to raise awareness of women's heart health.
Friday is National Wear Red Day for Women and Heart Disease Awareness, and The Paseo Arts District has teamed up with Oklahoma Heart Hospital to help raise awareness of the disease with “Art of the Heart,” a juried art competition and exhibition.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
TO LEARN MORE
For more information, go to the Paseo Arts District's website at www.the
The daylong event will begin at 10 a.m. Friday, at Oklahoma Heart Hospital's south campus, 5200 East Interstate 240 Service Road, with an announcement of the 2011 Heart Hero Award, an annual award given to a person who has gone the extra mile to educate others how to become prepared to save a life by being trained in CPR and the use of automatic external defibrillator.
The morning's events will also include information on living heart healthy and a live art demonstration by featured Oklahoma artist Bert Seabourn.
The event will continue that evening with a special First Friday Gallery Walk from 6 to 10 p.m. in the Paseo Arts District between NW 28 and Walker and NW 30 and Dewey. The gallery walk will feature works of art that incorporate red and hearts as a theme.
Oklahoma State University fashion design students will participate in the event by designing their own interpretations of the icon for women's heart health, the red dress. The winning red dress design will be featured at Ruth Meyers, 6471 Avondale Drive, in Nichols Hills Plaza throughout February.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 11867Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11199Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7813Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7743Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4737Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4255OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3606Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit