Recruiting Q&A: Commit Blake Webb has studied Oklahoma State receivers
Texas high school product hopes to step into one of the holes left open by departed receivers Josh Cooper, Justin Blackmon, Hubert Anyiam and Colton Chelf.
STILLWATER — Blake Webb has studied Josh Cooper, and the rest of the Oklahoma State receivers, since he first became a Cowboy fan during his freshman year of high school.
Videoview all videos
Jan 30Jenni Carlson and Gina Mizell discuss the football...
Jan 30Jenni Carlson and Travis Haney talk about who may or may...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Now Webb, a 6-foot, 180-pound wide receiver from The Woodlands, Texas, will try to step into one of the holes left open by departed receivers Cooper, Justin Blackmon, Hubert Anyiam and Colton Chelf. Webb is a rated a three-star prospect by Rivals and is one of five wide receiver commits in OSU's 2012 recruiting class.
Webb talked with The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell about what he hopes to bring to the Cowboys, breaking recruiting news on Twitter and one of his unique hobbies.
You sign your letter of intent on Wednesday. What are your emotions like heading into Signing Day?
I just can't wait for Wednesday, to finally make it official. Pretty much ever since I committed, and even before they offered me, I was set on Oklahoma State. Once I committed, I shut down the recruiting process.
You took your official visit to Stillwater a couple weeks ago. What was that like?
It was a lot of fun. I had a blast. I had (OSU wide receiver) Charlie Moore showing me around. He's a great guy, and he plays receiver, too. I got to meet a lot of the recruits, a lot of the commits. Just talking to them, I'm nothing but excited. Hopefully, I'll be able to come up in the spring and hang out.
You were also breaking some news on Twitter about offensive lineman Michael Wilson and wide receiver Chance Allen committing to the Cowboys. Did you realize that would spread so quickly?
I had no clue it was going to blow up like that, but obviously it did. I'm not sure Michael or Chance wanted me to do that, but I was with Michael when I did it, and he didn't really care. I was just excited.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14605Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9594Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8009Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6980Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6486Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6299Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister