Oklahoma football recruiting: Sooners hoping for quick production from juco DE Chaz Nelson
With the departures of Frank Alexander and Ronnell Lewis, Oklahoma will be looking for big things from juco defensive end Chaz Nelson.
Chaz Nelson is one of a handful of junior college transfers that Oklahoma is hopeful provides immediate production.
The 6-3, 240-pound defensive end plays a position that could use some help, with the departures of starters Frank Alexander and Ronnell Lewis. David King and R.J. Washington return, but depth beyond those players will be important in 2012.
Videoview all videos
Feb 1Interview with Heritage Hall's Sterling Shepard after he...
Feb 1Berry Tramel and Travis Haney discuss the Sooners'...
Feb 1Jenni Carlson and Ryan Aber talk about James Flanders, a...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Originally from Columbus, Ohio, Nelson is coming to OU from Garden City (Kan.) Community College. He was the Jayhawk Conference's Defensive Player of the year after 96 tackles (15 ½ for a loss), 9 ½ sacks, four forced fumbles, four pass breakups and an interception that was returned for a touchdown.
Nelson had six double-digit-tackle games.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims