Barons hockey: Defenseman Kirill Tulupov a fan of American steaks and weather
Barons defenseman Kirill Tulupov says he misses a lot of things about Russia — food, family and the language. But he's doing just fine on the ice, scoring the game-winner in the Barons' last game.
Barons defenseman Kirill Tulupov discusses scoring a game-winning goal, his style of play and growing up in Russia.
How thrilling was it to score your first goal of the season in the Barons' last game, a 2-1 win over Abbotsford?
Videoview all videos
Feb 15What does it take to put down new ice for a hockey team?...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
It was more than a goal. It was a game-winner and helped the team achieve what we are heading for. It was a special moment, but I was thinking more for the team than myself.
Why are the Barons playing so well?
The way we stick up for each other and how we battle for each other, it's simply amazing. Everybody is on the same page. Even the skilled guys that have to do all of the skilled pretty things, they are ones battling and throwing bodies. We have learned to be a team, one unit together. We really have a good chemistry with the coaches.
Describe your style of play?
Mean, hard to play against, right in your face, don't mess around, this kind of player. I also have the skills to make the pretty plays.
What do you miss most about your homeland of Russia?
To tell you the truth I miss Russian food and the family. I really miss Russian girls and how pretty they are. And I miss talking in the Russian language.
So you prefer Russian girls over American girls?
I never said that. You always miss whatever is not next to you.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13851OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13814Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9624Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7322Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7022Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5771Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5205Student shot dead during botched home invasion