Thunder: Thabo Sefolosha says he will miss another month
Oklahoma City's starting guard had injured foot put in a hard cast on Thursday.
Thunder starting guard Thabo Sefolosha confirmed Friday night he likely will miss at least one month while trying to recover from a tendon injury in his right foot.
Sefolosha's foot was put in a hard cast Thursday. He will remain in that cast for one week, wear a walking boot for one week and then rehab for two weeks before trying to return to game action.
“It's really going to be better (in two weeks) once I take the boot off and feel the difference in terms of not feeling the pain anymore,” Sefolosha said after OKC's 110-87 victory over Golden State at Chesapeake Energy Arena. “That's what I'm really ready for, there not being any pain.”
Friday marked the 11th straight start Sefolosha missed. He last played in the first half of the Thunder's Jan. 27 game at Golden State, where he reinjured the foot that also caused him to miss a Jan. 3 home loss against Portland.
“The last time I injured it, the recovery process wasn't going as fast as the first time I injured it,” Sefolosha said. “We saw a specialist (Wednesday), and he said rest would be the best thing.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 85341Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16721OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12445Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11152Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9705Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9037How to help tornado victims