With 40 points, Keiton Page carried the day for Oklahoma State in its 90-78 win over Texas.
Yet there was praise to go around.
“You go through the stat line and everyone had an impressive stat,” said OSU coach Travis Ford. “Whether it was obviously Keiton Page has an unbelievable day. You look at Brian Williams with six steals. You look at (Le'Bryan Nash) with 18 points. Michael (Cobbins) has four blocks and 12 points. Markel (Brown) has a double-double.
“You can go down the line. Just some impressive stats from each person and that's what a team is all about, getting contributions for everybody. That's what is fun.”
Said Page: “When your teammates are playing like that around you and coming up with big plays, and you've got momentum like that, it seemed like you could throw it up from anywhere and it was going in.”
Once Brown's free throw with 33 seconds remaining gave the Cowboys a 14-point lead, Ford pulled Page out of the game to allow a Gallagher-Iba Arena crowd of some 8,000 to salute his performance.
“He deserved it,” Ford said. “One of the assistants, when (Keiton) made that free throw, said ‘That's 40 points.' My goodness. I'm glad we were able to get him out so he could get what he deserved. It was great that the crowd recognized him, as you knew they would.”
The Cowboys lost the first matchup with Texas, 58-49, in Austin.
Much changed in the rematch.
* OSU beat its point total from the first game by halftime, scoring 51 by the break.
* After committing 21 turnovers on the road, the Cowboys gave the ball away just eight times Saturday, while forcing 15 Texas turnovers.
* Page, of course, produced 40 points, after getting nine at Texas.
* The Longhorns outscored OSU 19-5 at the foul line in Austin, but saw the Cowboys better them 43-14 in Stillwater.
The Cowboys beat OU in Stillwater, 72-65, back on Jan. 9, but haven't won in Norman since 2004.
The Sooners are slumping, losers of seven straight in the Big 12, falling to 13-13 overall and 3-11 in the conference. OU lost 80-69 at Iowa State Saturday.
* Ford claimed his 200th Division I win against the Longhorns, improving to 200-166.
* Page's 27 points in the first half are the second-most ever in a half by a Big 12 player against a league opponent. Kansas State's Michael Beasley scored 28 points against Baylor in 2008.
* Page's 40 points were the most points by a Cowboy since JamesOn Curry scored 40 at Baylor on March 3, 2007.
* Page becomes just the 11th player in OSU history to score 1,500 points in a career. He now has 1,514 points.
* Williams collected a career-high six steals, tying for the second-most by a freshman in school history.
* Brown recorded his third-career double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
* OSU's 56 free-throw attempts are the most ever by a Cowboy squad, besting the 55 OSU attempted against LSU in Tulsa on Dec. 20, 1994. The 43 makes tie for the second-most in school history, one shy of the school-record 44 made at Nebraska on Feb. 14, 1990.
* The Cowboys' team total of 43 free throws made is a Big 12 single-game record. The previous high was 40 by Missouri vs. Oklahoma on March 8, 1997, and Texas Tech vs. Southwestern Louisiana on Dec. 6, 1997.