OKC Thunder: Thabo Sefolosha returns to practice, 'looked good'
THUNDER — Oklahoma City Thunder guard Thabo Sefolosha returned to practice on Monday after missing 22 games with right foot soreness. While there is no firm timeline for Sefolosha's return, all signs point to him getting back into game action soon.
Thabo Sefolosha went through a portion of the Oklahoma City Thunder's practice Monday, and coach Scott Brooks said his shooting guard “looked good.”
There is still no firm timeline on when Sefolosha will return to the lineup. He's missed 22 straight games with what the team is calling right foot soreness. All signs, however, point to Sefolosha getting closer and closer to a return.
“We'll see how he feels (Tuesday) and we'll go from there,” Brooks said.
Sefolosha hasn't played since Jan. 27 at Golden State. The nagging injury knocked him out of the second half that night against the Warriors. Monday was Sefolosha's first practice since Jan. 24.
“We're just going slowly because this is our first practice in a long time and it's his first practice in a long time,” Brooks said. “We didn't want to put him through an entire practice. But he went through a portion of it and looked good.”
Because of the lengthy hiatus, Brooks said Sefolosha naturally will be rusty when returns to the lineup. But Brooks also said Sefolosha has maintained his conditioning as best he can while out.
“Our guys do a great job of keeping our guys in shape,” Brooks said. “But there's nothing like on-court practice conditioning. And the next step is game conditioning. He doesn't have that but it's going to come fairly quick. But they did everything that they could possibly do to keep his conditioning (up).
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 13758Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9630Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9095Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8238Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6533Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6005Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5369Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister