Edmond Senior Center offering series on dementia
A three-part series on understanding dementia is designed for caregivers. The sessions will be held at the Edmond Senior Center, 2733 Marilyn Williams Drive.
EDMOND — A three-part series on understanding dementia is scheduled at the Edmond Senior Center, 2733 Marilyn Williams Drive.
IF YOU GO
To RSVP for each event, call 216-7600.
The series, designed for caregivers of people with dementia, will be presented by the Autumn Life Center for Geriatric Behavioral Health at OU Medical Center Edmond.
Dr. Shanantharam Darbe, medical director of the Autumn Life Center, will address issues from diagnosis to medical and behavioral interventions at 6 p.m. April 19.
Jerry Shiles, attorney with Parman & Easterday, will talk about how to preserve the family's health and protect one's wealth from catastrophic nursing home costs at 6 p.m. April 26.
Fran Busby, a social worker at the Autumn Life Center, is scheduled to speak about psychosocial needs after diagnosis at 6 p.m. May 3.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims