The Oklahoman's high school athletes of the week
Logan Gray, El Reno
Gray shot a 71 and, via playoff, came out on top of a three-way tie to win the El Reno Invitational at Crimson Creek Golf Course. Heritage Hall won the team title behind Trent Mewbourn and Gavin Mastell, who each shot 71 to tie with Gray.
NewsOK Related Articles
Anna Mikish and Kina Boone, Choctaw
The Yellowjacket duo had quite a week, each finishing 1-2 in a pair of tournaments. Mikish won with a 71 at the Anadarko Tournament at Sugar Creek Canyon in Hinton, with Boone second. Boone shot 75 to win the Tecumseh Lady Savage with Mikish a shot back. Choctaw won the team title at both events.
Austin Kretchmar, Okarche
Kretchmar threw a complete game, giving up a pair of unearned runs in Okarche's 5-2 win over the host team in the Hennessey Tournament championship game to improve to 8-0. Against Alva earlier in the tournament, Kretchmar had a walk-off home run and earned the win in relief.
Cole Rinke, Bethany
In wins over Harrah and Kingfisher, Rinke scored six goals to go with his three assists. The senior forward has scored 14 goals on the season for Bethany, which is 9-1 and ranked No. 3 in Class 4A entering Thursday's home game against Crooked Oak.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister