Northbound I-44 shut down north of I-40 because of downed power lines
The northbound lanes of Interstate 44 were shut down north of Interstate 40 Friday afternoon because of downed power lines as a storm moved through the area.
Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers shut down the northbound lanes of Interstate 44 just north of Interstate 40 in Oklahoma City because of power lines down across the highway Friday afternoon, Trooper Betsy Randolph said.
Videoview all videos
Apr 14National Weather Service meteorologist Rick Smith talks...
Apr 13Video of the damage that occured to Andrews park during...
Apr 13Josh Henning talks about the Tornado damage in Norman.
Apr 13The Thunder and the Barons are both gearing up for...
Apr 13National Weather Service meteorologist Rick Smith talks...
Apr 13Showers and thunderstorms will be possible late this...
Photoview all 20 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The power lines were knocked down as a severe storm moved through the area about 5:45 p.m.
Come back to NewsOK.com for more information.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 28939Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 26978Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5000Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say