NBA Playoffs: Kevin Durant hits game-winner to lift Thunder to Game 1 win over Mavericks
Kevin Durant scored 25 points and hit the game-winning jumper from the foul line with 1.5 seconds left to lift the Oklahoma City Thunder to a 99-98 victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Saturday night in Game 1 of their first-round playoff series.
OKLAHOMA CITY — Kevin Durant scored 25 points and hit the game-winning jumper from the foul line with 1.5 seconds left to lift the Oklahoma City Thunder to a 99-98 victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Saturday night in Game 1 of their first-round playoff series.
Photoview all 50 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Durant maneuvered to the free throw line and got off a high-arcing shot that hit off the front of the rim and then off the backboard before falling through.
The defending NBA champion Mavericks, who were out of timeouts, could not get a shot off before the buzzer.
Dirk Nowitzki scored 11 of his 25 points in the final 5 minutes and hit two free throws with 9 seconds left to put Dallas ahead.
Russell Westbrook led the Thunder with 28 points.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister