Oklahoma County district attorney, defense attorney clashed during Ersland trial
Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater and defense attorney Joe Brett Reynolds were on opposite sides of the highly emotional murder case involving former pharmacist Jerome Ersland, about the same time allegations about Prater's 2006 election victory party were first made.
Prosecutor, defense attorney clashed during Ersland trial
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater and defense attorney Joe Brett Reynolds were on opposite sides of the highly emotional murder case involving former pharmacist Jerome Ersland.
The accusations about Prater and his 2006 victory party began surfacing the month before Ersland's trial began last May. Prater has called the accusations “an attempt to discredit me and my office right before the trial.”
Ersland was convicted at the trial of first-degree murder for fatally shooting a wounded robber inside a south Oklahoma City drugstore. Reynolds was one of four attorneys who defended Ersland at trial.
In one tense pretrial hearing, Reynolds was overheard saying to Prater, “Let's have it, buddy.”
Prater last year banned Reynolds from coming into the district attorney's office. The ban still stands. Prater said Reynolds mistreated an assistant district attorney.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21059Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6693OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5627Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4676Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4297Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater