OKC Thunder: Report card for Game 2
The Thunder's defensive effort against Dirk Nowitzki earns a B grade.
The report card from Game 2 of the first-round playoff series vs. Dallas:
Pick'n roll offense: C. Serge Ibaka, who scored 22 points in Game 1, got just two shots and scored only two points. The Mavs played the screens well, though Russell Westbrook and James Harden made them pay on occasion.
Videoview all videos
May 1Russell Westbrook scored 29 points and the Thunder added...
May 1Darnell Mayberry and Jenni Carlson discuss how the...
Photoview all 51 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Defense on Dirk: B. The Kendrick Perkins-on-Dirk Nowitzki trial finally ran out of steam. Nowitzki got hot, the Thunder fouled him too much (11 of 11 at the line) and the result was 31 points on 19 shots. But Perkins D'd up on Nowitzki in the final minute, forcing him into a tough fallaway that bounced off with the Thunder up 98-97.
Defense on Jet: A. Counting the fourth quarter of Game 1, Thunder-killer Jason Terry went almost three quarters without scoring. His first basket Monday came with 32 seconds left before halftime. Nothing much came easy for Terry, with Russell Westbrook supplying most of the coverage.
Oddball lineup: A. Scotty Brooks had used the lineup of Serge Ibaka, James Harden, Derek Fisher and Daequan Cook only 39 seconds all season. Three possessions total. But Brooks sent out those five with 1:34 left in the first quarter, and the Thunder trailing 24-23. They promptly produced a 9-0 run, with all but Ibaka scoring. The lineup stayed until the 8:19 mark of the second quarter and exited with a 36-27 lead.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 37007Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32519Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 27986Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 8311Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6200OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3643College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3643Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?