OKC Thunder edges Mavericks to take 2-0 series lead
Russell Westbrook scored 29 points and the Thunder overcame an off night by Kevin Durant for a 102-99 victory and commanding lead in the series.
OKLAHOMA CITY — Russell Westbrook scored 29 points, Kevin Durant added 26 in an off-shooting performance and the Oklahoma City Thunder clawed out a 102-99 victory over defending champion Dallas on Monday night to take a 2-0 lead in the first-round playoff series.
Videoview all videos
May 1Russell Westbrook scored 29 points and the Thunder added...
May 1Darnell Mayberry and Jenni Carlson discuss how the...
Photoview all 51 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Durant hit two free throws with 50.4 seconds left to give Oklahoma City a 98-97 lead, and James Harden hit four more foul shots to close it out for the Thunder.
Jason Terry missed two 3-point attempts from the left wing in the final 5 seconds that could have tied it.
Dirk Nowitzki led Dallas with 31 points and Shawn Marion scored 15. The Mavericks led in the closing minutes of both road games but couldn't even manage a split. Game 3 is Thursday night in Dallas.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 11867Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11199Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7813Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7743Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4737Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4255OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3606Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit