OSU football: Defensive tackle Calvin Barnett charged with four driving-related misdemeanors
Oklahoma State defensive tackle Calvin Barnett was arrested Monday and charged Tuesday with four driving-related violations.
As first reported by The Daily O'Collegian, Barnett was charged with driving under suspension, driving without insurance, speeding and failing to register a vehicle within 30 days of purchase.¬†All four charges are misdemeanors.
Barnett was arrested by Oklahoma Highway Patrol following a traffic stop. He has since been released from jail and is scheduled to appear in court on May 9 at 1:30 p.m.
Barnett, who transferred to OSU from Navarro Junior College for the spring semester, is expected to make an immediate impact on the Cowboy defensive line in 2012. He is a former high school All-American after starring a Tulsa Washington.
See our commenting and posting policy.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 54539Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32179Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9189Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction