Class 2A girls golf notebook: Hinton players hoping this is their year
Hinton's Maci Arrington has finished second the past two years. Hinton, which has never won a state girls golf title, also has been the state runner-up for the past three years.
Maci Arrington said both she and her teammates are tired of being the bridesmaids and never the bride at the state tournament.
Photoview all 23 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Arrington has finished second the past two years. Hinton, which has never won a state girls golf title, also has been the state runner-up for the past three years.
“We are tired of getting second,” Arrington said. “Hopefully this is our year.”
FRESHMAN COMES THROUGH FOR OKTAHA
Oktaha and three golfers in the top 10 after Thursday's round with leader Kailey Campbell's score of 73, Jaylie Roper's 80 and Madyson Fox's 85.
But it was freshman Alex Sikes' score of 90 that head coach Chester Pittman was most excited about. Sikes shot a 97, 10 strokes better than her average, he said.
“I am very proud of Alex,” he said. “She played great today.”
A DOZEN STRAIGHT TRIPS FOR MOORELAND
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 35659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30844Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 14359Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7518Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6442OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3625College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3531Student shot dead during botched home invasion