Thunder is on the verge of sweeping the defending NBA champs in the first round
Be afraid, NBA. Be very afraid. The Dallas Mavericks have lots of fight, lots of experience and lots of resolve. The Thunder has knocked it right out of them.
DALLAS — This is the Thunder team that you remember, isn't it, Thunder fans?
The one that defends like Dobermans. The one that shoots like deadeyes. The one that scares the bejesus out of the rest of the NBA.
Videoview all videos
May 4Darnell Mayberry and John Rohde explain how OKC was able...
May 4Kevin Durant broke out of his shooting slump, hitting 11...
Photoview all 34 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
It's a squad that went missing regularly since the All-Star Break, but Thursday night, it came back with a vengeance.
Thunder 95, Mavs 79.
Be afraid, NBA. Be very afraid.
“They're not going to give you anything,” Thunder coach Scott Brooks said of his team's opponent in this first-round playoff series. “You're going to have to earn it.
“Tonight, we earned it.”
Did they ever.
“This is a big stage and a big win for us,” Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook said. “Hopefully, we can do the same thing Saturday.”
Don't look now, but the Thunder is on the verge of sweeping the defending champs. Listen, I know that Dallas is the No. 7 seed in the West, but this is a veteran team. It has lots of fight, lots of experience and lots of resolve.
The Thunder has knocked it right out of them.
The Mavs are a team defeated.
Sure, they might win a game before this series is over. They might win Saturday night. But it sure doesn't feel like they've got much left in them.
Those first two games in Oklahoma City, Thunder fans worried about how close the outcomes were. Shouldn't the boys in blue be winning by more? Should this be cause for concern?
But the truth is, everyone in Dallas saw those close calls differently. They looked at the effort that the Mavs gave. They looked at the poor shooting from Thunder star Kevin Durant. And they realized they had no wins to show for it.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 56820Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14719Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9122Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7282Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6520Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6448How to help tornado victims
- 6374Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes