OKC Thunder notebook: Scott Brooks, Rick Carlisle hug it out
Ninety minutes before Game 3 on Thursday night, Thunder coach Scott Brooks and Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle crossed paths in a hallway at American Airlines Center en route to doing their pregame interviews.
Videoview all videos
May 4Darnell Mayberry and John Rohde explain how OKC was able...
May 4Kevin Durant broke out of his shooting slump, hitting 11...
Photoview all 34 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Former roommates 25 years ago with the Albany Patroons of the CBA, Brooks and Carlisle are longtime friends, but got into a war of words after Game 1 concerning the physicality of play in their playoff series.
When he spotted Carlisle walking toward him roughly 30 feet away, Brooks playfully put up both fists in a boxer's pose, smiled and said, “OK, let's end this right now.”
Carlisle smiled back. The former roomies shared a brief hug and wished each other luck.
OKC shot 41.3 percent in the first half and 43.6 percent to finish 42.4 percent. The biggest difference came in the third quarter, when the Thunder outscored Dallas 25-16, shooting 50 percent (11 for 22) compared to 22.2 percent (4 for 18) for Mavs.
Dallas shot 36.8 percent in the first half and 31.6 percent in the second half to finish at 34.2 percent.
Take away Kevin Durant (11 for 15) and Serge Ibaka (5 for 8) and OKC shot just .323 (20 for 62) from the floor. No other Thunder player shot 50 percent.
A sellout crowd of 20,640 was on hand at AAC, but fans started to file out during a timeout with 7:48 left in the game and OKC leading 87-65.
Both teams inserted their reserves with 4:52 left and the score 95-69. Dallas reserves included for Tulsa Victory Christian standout Kelenna Azubuike. The Mavs bench outscored the Thunder 10-0 to close out the game.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 37007Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32519Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 27986Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 8311Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6200OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3643College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3643Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?