OU football: Fresno State receiver Jalen Saunders transferring to OU
OKLAHOMA FOOTBALL -- Just a couple days after Oklahoma receiver Kameel Jackson announced he was leaving the Sooners' program, OU has reportedly picked up his replacement. Jalen Saunders, a 5-foot-9 receiver out of Fresno State, is transferring to OU.
While one receiver has decided to leave the Oklahoma football program this week, another has reportedly decided to join the Sooners.
Fresno State receiver Jalen Saunders has decided to transfer to Oklahoma, according to multiple reports.
Saunders, at 5-foot-9, 160 pounds, led Fresno State in receiving with 50 catches, 1,065 yards and 12 touchdowns while earning All-Western Athletic Conference honors.
Saunders will have to sit out a year at Oklahoma, per NCAA transfer rules, and will have two years of eligibility remaining.
Saunders, according to the Sacramento Bee, also was considering Texas A&M, Washington and Sacramento State.
According to the Bee, Saunders decided to leave Fresno State after a new coaching staff was hired.
The Sooners' addition of Saunders come just days after receiver Kameel Jackson announced his intentions to leave the OU program.
Jackson took to Twitter Sunday evening to announce his planned departure.
“Embracing my last week as a Sooner,” Jackson tweeted. “...I've chose to transfer and further my education and football career at Texas A&M.”
SOONERS ALSO ADD CORNERBACKThe Sooners have also added a Division I cornerback in Arizona's Cortez Johnson.
Johnson, at 6-foot-2, 196 pounds, told SoonerScoop.com that he’ll join the Sooners in the fall.
Johnson played his freshman season at Arizona, where he had 16 tackles in Mike Stoops defense.
Stoops move to Oklahoma was a big factor in Johnson joining the Sooners, he told SoonerScoop.com. Johnson will also have to sit out a year, per NCAA transfer rules.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in