Oklahoma City police seek man wanted on kidnapping, domestic assault warrants
Police are searching for a man accused of assaulting a woman Monday in southwest Oklahoma City.
Police are looking for a man wanted in connection with a domestic dispute Monday in southwest Oklahoma City that prompted the lockdown of a nearby elementary school.
Matthew Dean, 29, is wanted on warrants of kidnapping, domestic assault causing great bodily injury and possession of a firearm.
Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said officers were called about 12:40 p.m. Monday to the 1500 block of SW 79 Terrace.
She said a caller said a man was on top of a
Officers arrived and found a woman lying in the yard, bleeding, Wardlow said.
The man fled the area before police arrived, prompting officials to lock down Southern Hills Elementary School.
The lockdown was lifted about 2 p.m. Monday, while police continued their search for the man.
According to the state Department of Corrections, Dean has a criminal history dating to 2003 that involves charges of first-degree burglary, possession of a stolen vehicle and knowingly concealing stolen property.
Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in