Will of people in other states defeats personhood initiatives
Regarding “Personhood group may appeal” (Capitol Briefs, May 2): Personhood USA said it's “more determined than ever to rise up against judicial tyranny and cowardly state representatives who do not represent the will of the people of Oklahoma.” This organization also claimed to represent “the will of the people” in Colorado in 2008 and 2010 and in Mississippi in 2011. Voters there resoundingly defeated personhood initiatives.
NewsOK Related Articles
Rob Gilbert, Oklahoma City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister