Showers, cloudy skies expected over the weekend
Showers are possible in central Oklahoma Saturday, the National Weather Service reports.
Cool air, rain and clouds are expected in Oklahoma City over the weekend, the National Weather Service reported Friday. Here's a look at weather predictions for the weekend in Oklahoma City:
Quakes shake Oklahoma towns
SPARKS — Three small earthquakes were reported Thursday and Friday by the U.S. Geological Survey. A 2.9-magnitude quake was reported at 1:52 a.m. Friday, about three miles south-southwest of Dibble near the border of Grady and McClain counties. A 2.7-magnitude earthquake occurred at 10:37 p.m. Thursday, two miles south-southeast of Sparks in Lincoln County. Earlier Thursday, a 3.9-magnitude earthquake was reported at 4:15 p.m., five miles southeast of Sparks. No damage or injuries had been reported Friday.
FROM STAFF REPORTS
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11641Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11150Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7793Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7658Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4653Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4189OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3570Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit