Big 12 baseball: Parker French of Texas is Oklahoman's Freshman of the Year
French was 6-2 with a 2.84 earned run average before he joined a group of injured Longhorns.
This Texas baseball season has been so marred by injuries, even the bright spots are attached with pain.
So it is for Parker French, The Oklahoman's Freshman of the Year, lost for the season with a stress fracture in his right pitching elbow.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
French, who didn't require surgery, at least represents a strength for UT's future, after going 6-2 with a 2.84 earned run average for the Longhorns. He had already stabilized an injury-riddled Texas rotation, before leaving the series-opening win in his first Friday start at Missouri in the fifth inning, having allowed just one run and one hit.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims