Thunder-Lakers quoteboard: Metta World Peace, 'Let's give Oklahoma City some credit first ...'
What they were saying after the Thunder's Game 5 victory over the Lakers, which sent OKC into the Western Conference Finals.
Here is a look at what players, coaches, analysts and others were saying during and after Game 5 between the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Los Angeles Lakers:
Videoview all videos
May 22Russell Westbrook scored 28 points and Kendrick Perkins...
May 22Berry Tramel and Jenni Carlson explain how OKC was able...
Photoview all 55 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
* TNT game analyst Reggie Miller on Metta World Peace's flagrant foul: “They're still wrong. I don't care how many angles you shot that at, it's still not a flagrant foul.”
* TNT play-by-play man Kevin Harlan after the Thunder opened the 4th quarter on a 10-0 run: “The Thunder smells blood!”
* Miller after the Lakers Kobe Bryant put in his fourth dunk of the night: “It's been a one-man show for the Lakers. That's been it. All they have.”
* Harlan: “The smile on (Kevin Durant's) face tells you all you need to know about where this game is headed.”
* Miller: “The Lakers aren't getting any younger and we're seeing what youth, size and length can do for you (in the Thunder).”
* Durant after the win: “It's a step in the right direction. The Lakers are an unbelievable organization. But tonight we came out with a lot of energy, fought through some adversity and played hard.”
* Durant: “I've been here through the tough times. We all got better as individuals. The organization is first class. It feels good to advance, but we've got to keep going.”
* Durant on the Spurs, which the Thunder will face in the Western Conference Finals: “It looks like they never make mistakes. They're well coached and they have a lot of veteran guys, so it's going to be a tough, tough series.”
* Durant: “We're looking forward to the challenge.”
* Westbrook on facing the Spurs: “It's going to be a mental challenge. We have to go in with the mindset that this team hasn't lost in a while.”
* Westbrook on beating Kobe Bryant, his ‘idol': “It was great. That's a great, great player on the other side there.”